MANILA, Philippines, August 2, 2012– Dell today announced the expansion of its XPS laptop portfolio with the XPS 14 laptop. Joining the award-winning XPS 13 Ultrabook, the XPS 14 has the same beautiful, thoughtful design and craftsmanship in a 14-inch screen size for consumers who desire connectivity and performance, no matter where they are.
As part of Dell’s flagship XPS brand, this array of laptops enables customers to choose the one that best suits their needs. The XPS 13 is highly portable and compact for today’s most mobile users, while the XPS 14 provides long battery life and connectivity for those who need to get online wherever they are. Both laptops have enterprise-friendly features to intersect the design and performance desired by consumers with the security and services required by IT departments. Additionally, the XPS 14 laptop is distinguished by a vibrant display with hardened Corning Gorilla Glass, and uses the latest Intel technology, such as the latest 3rd Generation processors, and Intel Rapid Start , Smart Response and Smart Connect technologies, to enable users to be productive, connected and responsive anywhere.
“Following the success of our XPS 13, our customers wanted to see more of the XPS brand,” said Christopher Papa, country manager, Dell Philippines. “The XPS 14 laptop offers powerful performance, thoughtful design and a superb user experience, along with enterprise-friendly features so you can use them for work and for play.”
XPS 14: Outstanding Performance
Designed for mobile users, the XPS 14 Ultrabook features a highly-durable machined aluminum chassis with innovative silicone base in a compact, thin, 20.7mm design. With a brilliantly bright 14-inch 400 nit HD+ edge-to-edge display, a backlit keyboard, and optional performance graphics, the XPS 14 is ready to perform all day in nearly any environment, with long battery lifei. Customers can enjoy the ample storage of a traditional hard drive with the responsiveness of a solid state drive with a 500GB hard drive and 32GB mSATA cardvi, including Intel Rapid Startiii and Smart Responseiv technology. Rapid Start delivers fast boot-up and hibernate response times, while Smart Response quickly recognizes and caches the most frequently used files and applications, allowing customers to access critical information quickly and easily.
Dell has made it easier for IT departments to choose laptops that offer the security and services they value in a fit and finish executives and employees now demand. Optional enterprise-friendly features include:
• Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
Designed With the Environment in Mind
Understanding its customers’ need to purchase responsible products, Dell designed the XPS 14 laptop with the environment in mind. Its energy-efficient LED display has no mercury or arsenic and Dell eliminated harmful toxins such as Brominated Flame Retardants and Polyvinyl Chloride (BFR/PVCs) . The laptop is shipped in many locations with sustainably harvested bamboo packaging material, and can be configured to be ENERGY STAR qualified, helping customers reduce energy costs.
• XPS 14 is constructed with machined aluminum in silver and silicone base with machined aluminum casing and magnesium palmrest with soft touch paint
• Brilliantly bright (400-nit) 14” HD+ WLED display in a compact form factor with edge-to-edge hardened Corning Gorilla Glass
• 3rd Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processor options:
o Intel Core i5-3317U processor (3M cache, up to 2.6GHz) (standard)
o Intel Core i7-3517U processor (4M cache, up to 3.0GHz)
• Intel HD Graphics 4000 (standard)
o Optional NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 1GB GDDR5 graphics with NVIDIA Optimus technologyi
• 4GB (standard) or 8GB dual channel memory DDR3 1333MHzi; (1xSoDIMM)
• Hard drive options:
o 500GB 5400rpm hard drive + 32GB mSATA SSDii with Intel Rapid Start Technology and Intel Smart Response Technology (standard)
o 512GB SSD driveii with Intel Rapid Start Technologyiii and Intel Smart Connect Technology (optional)
• Standard, full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; spill-resistant
• Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
• 8-Cell Li-Polymer, 69WHr battery. Battery is built-in to the laptop and is not replaceable by the customer
• 65W AC adaptor on Intel graphics; 90W AC adaptor on NVIDIA graphics
• Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 802.11 a/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity
• Intel Wireless Display ready
• High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
• USB 3.0 (2) 1 with PowerShare; mini DisplayPort (1); HDMI (1); RJ-45 (1); 3-in-1 card reader; headset jack (1); mini Kensington lock
• Built-in 1.3MP webcam with dual array digital microphones
• Ultrathin laptop: height: 0.81” (20.7mm); width: 13.2” (335.8mm); depth: 9.2” (233mm)
• Weight: starting at 4.6lbs (2.1kg)
• Enterprise Friendly Features:
o Windows Trusted Platform Module option for BitLocker Data Encryption
Pricing and Availability:
The Dell XPS 14 will retail at a starting price of Php 68,990.
Images of XPS 14
XPS 14 product video
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.